Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Meritorious Service Medal is so cheap!

Years ago, I received a Meritorious Service Medal.

I was very pleased with myself.

Because Meritorious Service Medals were awarded only to people who have given distinguished and outstanding service to the country.

Then, years later, I became somewhat less pleased, when my boss started giving out these medals to political supporters aka grassroots people who have served them well. But still, I consoled myself that these people are native Singaporeans who have contributed to Singapore in many other ways.

But, this must be the last straw - giving out Meritorious Service Medals to newly bought foreign athletics, who were given last-minute citizenship just a year ago!

Fuck! My Meritorious Service Medal is very cheap indeed!

Not even worth 2 cents!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great blog! keep it up!