Friday, July 11, 2008

Death

Wed, Jul 09, 2008
my paper
A PATIENT once told me: "You know what, doctor, when I was told that I have cancer, suddenly all my shares, my properties and my brand-new car have no more meaning."

Yet, the attachment that some Singaporeans have to their cars never fails to amaze me.
..............
The patient who spoke to me became depressed after he was diagnosed with cancer, but his condition improved after he took stock of what was truly important in his life.

When he was near his life's end, I asked him if he was afraid. He said no.

He had done no harm to others, he said, and he remembered the good things that he had done. He also relished the happiness he had brought to others.

He died peacefully.


Dr Tan Chek Wee


Why is she not dying peacefully?

Will he die peacefully?

Her misdeed is only a fraction of his; Is he not afraid for himself, when he sees what is happening to her?

Will I, the doggy, die peacefully?

Will you die peacefully?

是人,都会死。
有人死后,永垂不朽,千秋万代,受人瞻仰。
有人死后,招人唾弃,遗臭万年!
嘿嘿!

人生自古谁无死,留取丹心照汗青。
这个汗青嘛,当然最终是由后世来写。
自己生前,捏造多少本回忆录与自传,都是自欺欺人,徒劳无功的。
总有水落石出的一天!
嘿嘿嘿!

出卖朋友(尤其是那种在台前台后,与自己出生入死的朋友),出卖民族,出卖国家的狗贼,都不得好死。
古今中外,好像还没听过有例外的!
嘿嘿嘿嘿!

嘿!嘿!嘿!嘿!嘿!

No comments: