Wednesday, May 14, 2008

SDP!!!

SDP!

This party is giving me lots of headaches right now!

Lately, this party has decided to start quoting the words of wise men on their new website. These are words of wisdom passed down for generations!

Take this:
“The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppose.” - Frederick Douglass

You tell me lah: how am I supposed to refute such statement of truth?

Or this:
“I am not interested in picking up crumbs of compassion thrown from the table of someone who considers himself my master. I want the full menu of rights.” - Bishop Desmond Tutu

How do I argue against that?

“If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito.” - Dalai Lama

So now, even if I call him a "mosquito", he has the Dalai Lama on his side!

They even quoted Lao tzu:
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step

Who are we to argue with this thousand-years old sage?

And for those who prefer Indian wisdom, they quoted Mahatma Gandhi:

You can chain me, you can torture me, you can even destroy this body, but you will never imprison my mind.


And for those who eat more potato than rice, they quoted Theodore Roosevelt:
It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat. - Theodore Roosevelt

From ancient to modern, from Indian to Chinese to Western, across time, across continent, across all boundaries - all wise men agree with SDP's action! And SDP's action are in accordance to the teachings of these wise men!!!

SDP, we in Young Pay and Pay are very afraid of you!

What to do? I could lose my job if I couldn't come up with a way to "fix" SDP!

OK, I got an idea: we shall bankrupt you and defame you (and then accuse you of defaming us instead!) and the best of the best: we will even promote another opposition party in our indirect attempt to discredit you!

These are the only things we can do, because we cannot refute you and the tons of wise men whose words you follow!

Yes, we in Young Pay-And-Pay are despicable.

But what to do? Money! Power! Remember?

No comments: